UHD Clinic Addition and Hospital Expansion
Posted: 12-23-2009 3:15PM
With financing and bids approved for United Hospital District’s multi-million dollar campus expansion and renovation project, the construction is proceeding with an anticipated completion date of early 2011. The project goals and objectives include:
1. Consolidating the organization and centralizing resources, both physicians and medical resources.
2. Elevating both facilities (clinic and hospital) to a desired UHD standard.
3. Manage and expand parking and facility access.
4. Designate and separate public, private and care-driven campus areas.
5. Aid in physician recruitment.
The expansion is located on land that is already owned by UHD and located adjacent and south of the current facility. The project will provide an additional 56, 140 square feet at an estimated cost of $21 million. In addition to the increased operating space, a state of the art Helipad will be built on the roof providing rapid access to specialized care when a patient is critically ill or wounded.
The project will be funded with cash reserves as well as hospital revenue bonds. UHD will not levy a property tax to pay for the expansion, although that source of funding is available to them, it has never been used.