Adolescent Treatment Center Opening Summer 2010
Posted: 12-28-2009 3:25PM
The Adolescent Treatment Center in Winnebago (ATCW) slated to open a new facility in the summer of 2010
The Adolescent Treatment Center of Winnebago (ATCW), founded in 1981, provides substance use disorder services to adolescents struggling with addiction. The multi-disciplinary treatment team is dedicated to adolescents and their unique journey toward recovery by providing support and instilling hope every step of the way.
With financing and bids approved for the construction of the new treatment center facility, (which is part of the United Hospital District), administrators anticipate project completion in the summer of 2010. ATCW will offer increased primary care services as well as continued extended rehabilitation care and will become the first LEED certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) or green treatment center in the nation.
The project goals and objectives include:
1. Ensuring the building design supports the functional needs of the populations served.
2. Accommodating growth both for primary and extended care clients.
3. Providing an indoor and outdoor recreation space.
4. Designate and separate public, private and care-driven campus areas.
5. Elevating new facility to a desired UHD standard.