United Hospital District can provide the care you need.
UHD Hospital and Clinics, collectively UHD, offers Financial Assistance for emergency and other medically necessary services provided and billed through our Business Office.
What is Financial Assistance?
Financial Assistance from UHD can be provided to patients demonstrating financial need. This assistance ranges from a reduction in the amount of the balance outstanding up to complete forgiveness of the balance outstanding.
How do I request Financial Assistance?
You have three options:
- 1. Download the Financial Assistance Application online and send it to the address on the application.
- 2. Contact a patient account representative at the phone number listed on your billing statement. Note: If your statement is not available, please contact our Business Office at (507) 526-3273.
- 3. Visit the registration representative at the clinic or hospital and they will be able to provide you with an application.
What do I need to include with my request for Financial Assistance?
Return the completed application in its entirety along with:
- • A copy of your most recent complete tax return, including all schedules.
- • Copies of the two most recent pay stubs for each wage earner in the household.
- • Copies of your property tax assessment statements.
What should I expect?
Your application will be reviewed, and a decision will be communicated to you within 30 days. All information is confidential. To qualify for Financial Assistance, your household income must be at or below 375% f the federal poverty level. Family size and household income determine this eligibility.
Exceptional circumstances may apply to applicants who own significant valued assets. UHD Hospital & Clinics may consider the value of an individual’s assets in determining eligibility for Financial Assistance for care and services delivered at any UHD Hospital & Clinics facility.
What are your charges for health-related services?
UHD wants to keep you informed about our pricing for health-related services. If you want to call the Business Office, we are available to answer your pricing questions. In addition to our Financial Assistance Policy Summary, Financial Assistance Policy and Financial Assistance Policy Application, we have also provided several helpful links below for your benefit, including:
- • Consumer Guide to Healthcare Prices. An overview designed to answer questions about healthcare insurance and charges (prices).
- • 2020 UHD Hospital Charges. This is our pricing schedule for 2020.
- • 2019 UHD Price Transparency Comparison Tool. A list of the insurance codes, charges and reimbursement rates for UHD’s most frequently used services over $25.
Click on any link below to view the file or you can download the data file for your convenience.
Minnesota Price Transparency
Minnesota law requires primary care and pediatric clinics to annually post the top 25 most commonly billed services priced over $25, including the top 10 Evaluation & Management and Preventive Medicine services.
We support the intent of this law to educate you on the cost of health care and your financial responsibilities. Amounts posted at the link below do not reflect amount(s) each clinic patient will pay for the services listed.
For specific information about your financial responsibility for the services you receive, contact the UHD Business Office at 507-526-3273. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.