Explore our services for your needs.
Occupational Therapy (OT) is a division of medical rehabilitation that works to increase function to improve daily task performance. OT involves identifying muscle weakness, restrictions in soft tissues, and/or loss of range of motion due to poor posture, structural reasons, or an accident or injury.
UHD’s Occupational Therapy services include:
- • Rehab of upper extremities (elbow, hand and shoulder)
- • Postural re-education
- • Strength, coordination, endurance training
- • Range of motion
- • Work simplification/energy conservation
- • Ergonomics/body mechanics training
- • Kinesiotaping
- • Fabrication of splints for upper extremities
Who can benefit from Occupational Therapy at UHD?
- • People with work related injuries
- • Car accident victims
- • People suffering shoulder pain or dysfunction
- • People with hand or elbow injuries
- • People with orthopedic, stroke or neurological issues
If you feel that you or someone you know might benefit from UHD’s Occupational Therapy services, a referral may be obtained through your family physician or chiropractor. Please feel free to contact the Occupational Therapy Department at 507-526-7963 should you or your healthcare provider have any further questions regarding referral or treatment options.